If you own or manage a commercial building with a rubber roof, chances are you know it to be a durable, versatile material – but also prone to a variety of common issues such as bubbling, cracks, punctures and general wear and tear. If you’re in or near Goshen, Indiana, and you need a rubber roof repair expert, however, you’re in luck!
Miller’s Roofing is a full-service commercial roofing contractor providing service to clients throughout Indiana. We offer a complete line of rubber roof solutions, including repairs and restoration. Call us today at (574) 312-4274 to learn more or schedule a free consultation.
Superior Rubber Roof Repair
One of the most attractive benefits of EPDM or rubber roofs is their ability to be repaired fairly easily. Even roofs that have seen 30+ years of service and been exposed to decades of sun and weather can typically be brought back up to suitable performance levels with relatively straightforward repairs.
Part of the reason for this is that rubber, unlike many other roofing substrates, maintains its flexibility over time, even with exposure to temperature extremes and UV radiation. This means the membrane can be manipulated easily as repairs are needed.
If your rubber roof is looking a little worse for the wear, Miller’s Roofing offers prompt, professional seam repair services. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Thoroughly inspect the rooftop and locate any problem areas, especially along the seams.
- Clean the membrane to ensure proper adhesion of materials.
- Prime seams and then apply cover tape, leaving a side strip on either side of the seam.
- Apply pressure to the cover tape to ensure proper adhesion.
This type of small, local repair is a good idea for rubber roofs that are in relatively good condition but could use some sprucing up. If, however, your rubber roof has developed more significant problems, Miller’s has a solution for those, too.
Complete Roof Restoration
Miller’s specializes in rubber roof restoration – a solution that can restore your old, damaged EPDM roof to original installation quality and optimal performance levels. We offer restorative roof coating systems manufactured by Conklin, a leader in roof restoration systems since the 1970s.
Benefits of Conklin roof coating systems include:
- ENERGY STAR certification and possible rebates
- Class A fire resistance
- Fully adhered, seamless, monolithic waterproof membrane
- Ability to expand and contract as temperatures rise and fall
- Exceptional flexibility, which offers continued resistance to cracking, bubbling, chipping, etc.
- Up to 85 percent solar reflectivity
- Up to 18 years of non-prorated warranty coverage on all labor and materials
- And more!
If your rubber roof is a good candidate for restoration, the process involves first, cleaning the roof, then priming it and applying two layers of roof coatings:
- The first layer is applied to the seams, embedded with reinforcing fabric.
- The second, top layer is sprayed across the entire roof, effectively waterproofing the roof and sealing off damages.
For more than a decade, the professionals at Miller’s Roofing have been serving clients throughout Indiana, offering top-tier craftsmanship and customer service. Our highly trained team can handle projects of any size – from inspections and repairs to restoration and, when necessary, replacements, we do it all! For any rubber roof repair needs you have in the Goshen, IN area, just call us today at (574) 312-4274 to get started!