While there are many different options for commercial buildings when it comes to roofing, flat roofs tend to be the most popular option. This is due to various benefits that come along with them; however, those are counterbalanced by some common problems that flat roofs typically face.
If your Gary, IN facility is currently in need of a flat roof repair, we would be honored to help you. You can count on our team to provide professional repair services at an affordable rate. Give us a call today at 574-312-4274 to learn more.
The Good & Bad of Flat Roofs
With each roofing substrate there are pros and cons. Flat roofs are full of benefits that make them so popular among building owners. A few of their most impressive benefits are:
- Affordable cost
- Extra usable space for HVAC/storage
- Easily accessed for maintenance
- Ease to install satellite or solar panels
However, with the good also comes the bad. If you have a flat roof, you might encounter a few of these problems:
- Drainage issues – Flat roofs are notorious for not draining as effectively as pitched roofs. This can cause ponding water issues that can lead to the breaking down of the roofs membrane.
- Leaking – flat roofs are prone to having leaking issues, typically around the flashing and seams.
- Stability concerns – flat roofs that cover an expansive area then to have issues with stability during heavy snow or rain. This can cause buckling from the added weight.
How We Can Help
When you work with our team at Miller Roofing, we will address any problem that is currently happening with your flat roof. After completing the prompt, proper repair, we will then provide you with solutions to help keep your roof in top shape for years to come. Staying ahead of roofing issues can not only increase the life of your roof, it can help your budget as well.
If you are a business owner and property manager of a building in Gary, IN and are in need of a flat roof repair, please call our team at 574-312-4274.